History

Veduta esterna The exact period is not known of the building of this castle, but it is known that it, around the half of the 400, came readapted to fortitude, with finality purely military, from Tristano Sforza; in fact in that period the construction known era like Tower of Tristano.

It in the 1484 passed in hand to the dinasty of the Pallavicino, from which seizures the actual name, in succession to the matrimony among Galeazzo Pallavicino and Elisabetta, daughter of Tristano Sforza and of Beatrice D'Este.
Their name, judgment, arises from Pelavicini (steal the neighbors). It is told in fact that the Pelavicini, then Pallavicini, is called because with that nickname they were easy to appropriate of the other people's goods.
Galeazzo Pallavicino of the marquises of Busseto was an able warlike: he came elect rider in the 1478 and elect ducal adviser in the 1483 from Gian Galeazzo Maria Sforza for have distinguished in many battles.

He fight with the Sforza against the French and then with the French against the Sforza.

He died in the 1520 without see the return of the Sforza in Milan.
The descendants did to build two oratorios also: one had founded from the Adalberto son in the 1568 and had devoted to S.Lucia, the other, completed in the 1638, from the nephew Alexander Galeazzo that devoted the Virgo of Loreto it and he endowed it of a legacy for the needs of the cult.

The male line of the dinasty finished toward the 1850 with Joseph, which he didn't have descending: the complete patrimony passed as to the sister that had married Gerolamo Barb˛.

They from the Pallavicino had origin also the families of the Estensi, of the Obizzo, of the Massa and of the Malaspina.


If you would like to have any more information abaout the historical period common to all castles of the province of Bergamo,please recall the deepening page

.


External structure

Porticato The tower, realized entirely in bricks, is fortified on the four sides of leanings brackets and machicolations that any guaranteed the defense from the top. The battlement has been sphere from the part raised realized in Renaissance epoch.

A gangay, original in his structure, puts the ancient tower of defense in communication with the brave residential made palace build in the 1550 from Adalberto Pallavicino.

The principal front of the construction has characterized the coat of arms ofnobility from a portico supported from arcs above which they locate, carved in the stone, while under, the porticos is frescoed those of the families that one secceeded in the possession of the construction.

All the windows and the doors of access bring the written "AD.MA.PA" (Adalberto Pallavicino Marquis) to immortal memory of the name of the builder.


Internal structure

Putto The situated places in the aboriginal part of the fortress doesn't boast decorations of any kind while in the rooms of the part raised the ceilings have carved.

To the inland of the palace, to the plain earth, there is a big salon with the time all frescoed with mythologic motivate. To the first piano there is instead a room with a chimney decorated with sculptures of good execution. The other salt is completely frescoed and the ceilings in wood inlaid is of big effect. Some operas they go up again to the beginning of the 1500, other at the end of the 1700.


If you want an artistic deepening


Curiosity

Monofora It is handed down that grim events have happened among these boundaries and also if the popular imagination, with the pass of the time, it has added much, certainly it has not built from anything.
To the term of the staircase that brings the cellars one opened a bottom well on the bottom and on the walls of which they have plunged of the blades clipping revolts toward the top. There inside it was been able to easily fall easily setting the feet to the of out of a fixed layout; a careless footstep could in fact break the equilibrium of the cover of the hatch that revolved above a central pivot. The opening of this well has been lasher only during the last world collision.
Each year, the first Sunday of September, applies the traditional get-together of the Sacred thorn, the famous relic that had given to the marquis Galeazzo Pallavicino, May 30 of the 1476, from the Archbishop from Bologna Francesco Cotogni with the allowed to expose it to the veneration of the believers. From the 1952 the relic belongs to the vicarial church of Santa Maria in Campagna, in the commune of Torre Pallavicino.


Tourist Informations

Particolare affresco Pagazzano locates 6 Km East respect to Treviglio and it from this city could be achieved following the denotations for Vidalengo and Pagazzano.

The castle of Pagazzano rises to 3 Km from that of Brignano and to 10 Km from that of Cologno: it is advisable pick the occasion for visit these three fortitudes in an only trip.


Counseled bibliography